Here in the UK, we love our pets. It’s estimated that half of all adults living in the United Kingdom own at least one animal. According to recent statistics from PDSA (The People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals), the figures from this humane, London-based veterinary charity and clinics share:
- There are nearly 11 million cats owned by 24% of the population often caring for multiple felines
- 26% of people in the UK have at least one dog with almost 10 million canines in this country
- Pet rabbits account for around 900,000 of these fuzzy and furry animals owned by 2% of people
For animal lovers, our pets are part of the family, and we’ll do anything to keep them safe and healthy. That’s why it’s so important to consider using only pet-friendly cleaning products. Here’s a list of non-toxic cleaning solutions that won’t harm animals from the fine folks over at Rover.com:
A Pair of Puracy Products
- Natural Multi-Surface Cleaner: With a pleasant aroma, this pet-safe cleaning works on glass, stainless steel, floors, countertops, and almost any surface in your home. It cuts through grease and grime along with wiping away whatever unpleasant elements your pet may leave behind like food residue and nose prints.
- Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo: Anyone who has owned a pet knows that sometimes they can be messy. Similar to its multi-surface cleaner, it has a favourable scent and will tackle almost anything your cat or dog will dish out in the way of dirt and filth. The shampoo will also take care of messes left behind by two-legged traffic.
3. Nature’s Miracle Advanced Stain and Odour Removal
Pet owners are also aware that sometimes these animals have accidents that leave behind nasty stains and odours. Nature’s Miracle harnesses the power of bacteria-eating enzymes to get rid of these smells and stains. The enzymes begin working on contact to eliminate pet pheromones and attacks set-in stains until they’re defeated. It works on all surfaces including carpets, rugs, floors, and more.
4. Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent
Humans aren’t the only ones who have sensitive skin and Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent is gentle for washing pet’s clothing, bedding, blankets, clothes, harnesses, and more. Environmentally friendly, this is a trusted brand in the “green” cleaning community and is free of harsh chemicals and potentially harmful additives.
5. Ecover Multi-Action Wipes
These single-use, disposable wipes are perfect for quick, little messes that don’t require users to break out brushes, sponges, and other cleaning supplies. They’re totally biodegradable and don’t contain any toxic chemicals or harsh additives. These hassle-free wipes work on most household surfaces like kitchen and bathroom countertops along with floors.
6. Bicarbonate of Soda
Commonly called baking soda in the States, bicarbonate of soda has a plethora of uses from teeth brushing and mouthwash to soothing bug bites. It’s well-known for its odour absorption powers but also works well as a stain remover and general cleaner that’s safe on most surfaces. Combine the powder with water to form a paste or use it with vinegar for extra-cleaning strength.
Beware: Don’t let animals eat it outright because it could cause an upset stomach or other gastric problems.
Speaking of vinegar, this natural liquid is a popular choice for purists who don’t like to buy traditional cleaning products full of chemicals. As a matter of fact, some sources swear by using vinegar and/or newspapers to clean glass. Vinegar combined with bicarbonate of soda with a splash of lemon creates a fizzy, citrusy, all-natural scrubbing solution for many surfaces. The same warning applies as previously mentioned that pets should not consume these products due to potential tummy troubles.
Meanwhile, here at Regional Services, we’re committed to the health and safety of employees, customers, and our four-legged friends. Please feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our products or to get a free quote on getting your places and spaces sparkling clean without jeopardizing the welfare of our beloved pets. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.