Tips for Cleaning Up After The Office Christmas Party
Believe it or not, the holidays are almost upon us once again. For many companies, this means throwing a Christmas party to celebrate the hard work and successes of the previous year. However, throwing an office Christmas party can leave you with a big mess to clean up after the holidays are over. To help you prepare for the mess an office party can leave behind, here are a few steps that you can take before and after the party to ensure that you come back to a clean office after the holidays.
Before The Party
- Bring Out Extra Rubbish Bins: One of the best ways to make clean-up easy after an office party is to make it easy for everyone to keep the office clean during the party by ensuring that there are plenty of rubbish bins and bags around for people to use. If there are plenty of places for people to dispose of their rubbish, it is less likely that rubbish will begin to pile up during the party.
- Protect Your Floors: You can also help make things easier for yourself later by placing mats and rugs in high traffic areas before the party. Doing so can help to protect your floors from spills and stains, and it makes clean-up simpler as it is easier to remove mats and have them cleaned than it is to clean your office’s carpeting.
- Use Disposable Tablecloths: Another way to make post-party clean-up easier is by covering as many surfaces as possible (such as tables and desks) with disposable tablecloths. Not only can these tablecloths help to protect your tables and desks from messes, reducing the amount of cleaning you will have to do later, but it also makes tidying up easy after the party. Once everyone has left, all you have to do is bundle up the tablecloth (including on all the rubbish that has likely been left on the tables), and you can easily throw the entire bundle in the dumpster, simplifying the clean-up process.
After The Party
- Declutter: After the party is over, it can feel overwhelming when looking at the mess that has been left behind, and it is normal to not be sure where to start with the clean-up. One of the best places to start is by decluttering the space and removing all rubbish and debris. Take an empty rubbish bin with you and go from room to room picking up rubbish and clearing off tables. Once all the rubbish is gone, the office will look instantly cleaner, and it will become much easier to do a deep cleaning.
- Spot Clean Stains and Spills: Once all the clutter has been picked up, the next thing that you will need to do is address any spills that may have occurred. Even if everyone was careful, it is likely that a beverage was knocked over on a desk, or spilled onto the floor, at some point during the party. You will want to look around for evidence of any spills and clean them up before they can stain any surfaces. If it looks like something was spilled on carpeted floors, you will want to do spot cleaning before the stain sets in.
- Clean All Surfaces: Your next step will be to clean all major surfaces. Even if they do not look dirty, cleaning all tables, desks, and countertops with a disinfectant will help to remove grease, sticky spots, and bacteria that likely accumulated during the party. You should also take care to clean any hard surface floors and vacuum the carpeting. This will help to ensure a clean and healthy office space when everyone returns from the holidays.
Consider Hiring a Professional Cleaning Service
While office Christmas parties can be a great way to celebrate the season and ring in the new year after a hard year of work, having to clean the office before and after the party can take away a lot of the joy of throwing the party. You may then want to consider hiring a cleaning service to take care of cleaning your office before and after your holiday parties. Not only will this make things less stressful for you, but it will also ensure that everyone returns to a clean office after the holidays. Feel free to contact us for a free quote for our holiday office cleaning services.