Ensuring your workplace is clean and sanitary is an obligation to all employers. A clean and presentable work environment not only keeps staff happy and healthy, but also keeps productivity high throughout the day.
It’s important to remember, that a messy and unclean office space looks unprofessional and can even be distracting to employees and guests of your company. However, a clean office is easier to work in, less distracting and looks professional, smart and tidy.
A clean workplace (especially if you share toilets, showers, and food surfaces) is also key to keeping staff healthy, and therefore in good attendance through the year. Unclean workspaces can cause illness, resulting in sick staff, and less profit.
Here is a handy checklist to make sure your office / working space is as clean as possible:
In the office and workspace (daily office cleaning)
- Wipe clean door handles with disinfectant
- Daily washing of cups, mugs, glasses, plates and crockery (a dishwasher comes in helpful)
- Places items above back in relevant cupboards / drawers
- Empty desk bins and refresh with new bin bags
- Vacuum floors(including under desks)
Kitchen (daily cleaning work)
- Vacuum and mop floors
- Wipe down and disinfect all kitchen / eating surfaces
- Empty kitchen bins and replace with new bin bags
- Check fridge for out of date items
- Restock kitchen towels
- Empty sink and wash any items inside
- Drain and clean sink and drainage area
- Clean inside microwave (disinfect)
- Wipe clean any appliances such as toaster, kettle, coffee machine
Toilets and Shower (daily basis)
- Disinfect and mop floors
- Clean and disinfect walls (if tiles)
- Clean toilet bowls, urinals, and sinks (recommend scouring and disinfecting)
- Restock toilet roll & hand towels
- Polish mirrors
- Wipe and disinfect door handles
Deep clean (recommended monthly)
- Wipe clean all skirting boards
- Get windows cleaned (from inside and outside)
- Dust and polish general items around the office
- Clean inside food cupboards
- Empty and clean inside fridge
- Recycling collection or drop off
If you feel like you need help maintaining your office cleanliness, and keeping your professional space clean, we provide a professional cleaning procedure and maintenance solutions for offices and workspaces, across London. We’ll look after your office, while you get on with your work – and ensure the place looks presentable at all times.
We can provide cleaning services, pest control, garden maintenance, handyman services and waste management. Get in touch now to find out more about hiring a professional cleaning company.