Regional Services offer office and commercial cleaning in London.
We have identified and comply with all environmental legislation relevant to our business activities, are committed to preventing pollution and reducing our impact on the environment by:
- Implementing a system for recycling a wide range of waste streams including paper, plastic containers and film, ink cartridges, computers, monitors, textiles, electrical equipment, and fluorescent bulbs.
- Selling or giving away unwanted equipment or redundant supplies.
- Reducing energy consumption by using energy efficient bulbs, turning electrical equipment
- off when not in use, using sleep features, using economy washes, and purchasing lower energy replacement equipment.
- Encouraging car sharing and Bike2Work storage for employees, regularly maintaining our vehicles, using hybrid or electric vehicles and using public transport for work purposes where possible.
- Using water saving devices in our toilets, using hoses for car washing and using grey water.
- Reducing our use of resources by printing double sided and 2 pages per page for draft documents, using e-invoices where possible and buying recycled paper, cardboard, packaging, pens, pencils, mouse mats, furniture, bricks and construction materials.
- Using a purchasing policy that considers environmental and Life Cycle Impacts when
- designing, purchasing equipment and in the decision-making process.
- Using eco-friendly products including water-based inks, biodegradable cleaning materials and products not tested on animals. We also buy Fairtrade products where possible.
- Regularly donating to and supporting local charities and encouraging staff to develop themselves through education, training and voluntary work.
- Auditing our suppliers to demonstrate their environmental credentials.
Although we are already demonstrating a significant reduction in our environmental impacts, over the next 12 months we are also committed to:
- Continuing to monitor and reduce our environmental impact and maintain our 5 star rating.
- Using laptops rather than desktops,
- Monitoring our fuel consumption and water usage. Collecting rainwater for use in gardens and car washing, Purchasing energy through a renewable energy provider and off-setting our carbon.
Regional Contract Services Limited (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in fulfilment of its compliance obligations relating to the provision of contract cleaning and associated services. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements, to protect the environment and to continually improve the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Prevent pollution in all its forms
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation.
Top management demonstrates leadership and commitment with respect to the Environmental Management System by:
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System
- Ensuring that the Environmental Policy and Environmental Objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the Organisation
- Ensuring the integration of the Environmental Management System requirements into the Organisation’s business processes
- Ensuring that the resources needed for the Environmental Management System are available
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements
- Ensuring that the Environmental Management System achieves its intended outcomes
- Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Promoting continual improvement
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to interested parties.
Regional Contract Services